Ma - Zz
Click or tap the button below to continue to the images, if you are using a keyboard, the 'page up' , 'page down', 'up arrow' or 'down arrow' keys may then also be used to navigate.
or use the 'Main Menu' button at the top left to access other Galleries or features of this website.
'The Welshman' a long boilered Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.1207 built in 1890.
Is seen minus its centre set of driving wheels at Barrow Hill on the 21st of April 2012.
'Sir Berkeley' Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.1210 built in 1891 for Logan &
Hemingway Contractors as L & H No.30. Cranford Ironstone Company of Kettering acquired the locomotive in 1935. At the
Midland Railway Centre on the 29/08/2009.
'Matthew Murray' a Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.1601 built in 1903 for P.&
W. Anderson and Company. Photographed at 'Locomotion' Shildon on the 19th of June 2005.
'E.B.Wilson' a Manning Wardle 0-4-0ST Works No.1795 built in 1912 Photographed at
Barrow Hill on the 9th of November 2013 where it was being restored.
K&ESR No.14 'Charwelton' a Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.1955 built in 1917
for the Parkgate Iron and Steel Co. This locomotive came to the K&ESR in 1963/64 and is seen in the loco yard at
Rolvenden on the 21st of April 2013.
Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.2015 built in 1921 for Cardiff Corporation. Photographed at Ruddington awaiting restoration on the 1st of June 2014
'Warwickshire' a Manning Wardle 0-6-0ST Works No.2047 built in 1926 formerly on
display at Kidderminster is seen waiting to be assessed for restoration at Bridgnorth SVR on the 30th of July 2011.
'Gladys' an 0-4-0ST Works No. 109 built by Markham & Co. of Chesterfield in
1894 for use at the Staveley Coal & Iron Company. It is now displayed at the Midland Railway Centre where it was
photographed on the 28th of August 2010
Brown Bailey Steelworks 'No. 4' an 0-4-0ST Works No. 454 built by Nasmyth, Wilson Co at Patricroft in 1894 displayed at the Midland Railway Centre where it was
photographed on the 4th of March 2015
North British Works No.24564 0-6-0T 'Coventry No.1' built in 1939 for Warwickshire Coal Co. Ltd.
Seen at Quainton on the 12th of July 2011 in itsThomas the Tank Engine guise
A Peckett & Sons Class R2 0-4-0ST 'Uppingham' built in 1912 Works No.1257 for
James Pain Ironstone Quarries. Photographed at Cottesmore on the 2nd of May 2005
A Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST 'Victory' built in 1919 Works No.1547. On display at
the Midland Railway Centre on the 29th of August 2009
Peckett & Sons 0-4-0T 'Marcia' built in 1923 Works No.1631 at Rolvenden, Kent
& East Sussex Railway on the 21st of April 2013
Class R3 Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST built in 1929 Works No.1788 'Kilmersdon' at
Minehead on the 2nd of October 2015.
Built for Southport Gas Company in 1941, Peckett 0-4-0ST Works No.1999 once named 'North Western Gas Board',stands at Haworth KWVR in the early 1970's. Photographer is unknown.
Class B3 Peckett & Sons 0-6-0ST built in 1942 Works No.2000 - At Barrow Hill
on the 3rd of March 2007
Class W7 Peckett & Sons 0-6-0ST built in 1941 Works No.2003 - Photographed
at the Middleton Railway on the 3rd of April 1983 - Photographer Unknown
Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST 'Teddy' built in 1941 Works No.2012 at N.R.M. York on
the 8th of July 2013.
Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST 'F.C. Tingey' built in 1944 Works No.2084 at Kirby
Stephen East on the 14th of July 2013.
A Peckett & Sons Class OY-1 0-4-0ST built in 1948 Works No.2087 for
Courtaulds. Under restoration at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre Quainton on the 12th of July 2011
Peckett & Sons 'Lytham St Annes' 0-4-0ST built in 1949 Works No.2111. Waiting
restoration at the Midland Railway Centre on the 23rd of August 2008
Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST 'Uskmouth' built in 1952 Works No.2147. Displayed at
the Dean Forest Railway Norchard on the 14th of September 2011
Left - 6155 0-4-0VBT originally built by Manning Wardle in 1873 as a 0-4-0ST
No.437 . Right - 6185 0-4-0VBT originally No.6 a 0-4-0ST built at Coalbrookdale c1865. Both rebuilt by Sentinel in 1925. Seen
at Blists Hill in July 1993.
A Sentinel (Shrewsbury) Ltd four wheeled, vertical boiler, tank engine. Works
No.6515 built in 1926 for the GWR as No.12. is seen at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre on the 12th of July 2011.
K&ESR 10 "Gervase" 0-4-0VBT originally built by Manning Wardle. Rebuilt by
Sentinel in 1928 (Works No.6807) at Rolvenden on the 21st of April 2013
'Gasbag' a Sentinel four wheeled, fireless 0-4-0. Works No.8024 built in 1929 for
the Gas Board is seen at the Ribble Valley Railway Museum on the 8th of September 2012.
'Susan' a Sentinel (Shrewsbury) Ltd four wheeled, vertical boiler, tank engine.
Works No.9537 built in 1952 for the Chesterfield Tube Co. Ltd. is seen at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre on the 12th of
Sentinel (Shrewsbury) Ltd four wheeled, vertical boiler, tank engine. Works
No.9387 built in 1948 being cosmetically restored at Bridgnorth on the 19th of September 2015.
No.5 a Sentinel (Shrewsbury) Ltd four wheeled, vertical boiler, tank engine. Works
No.9632 built in 1957 for Walsall Gas Works is seen at the Chasewater Railway Workshop on the 11th of September 2010.
'Vulcan' an 0-4-0ST built by the Vulcan Foundry in 1903 Works No.828 nearing the
end of an overhaul at Barrow Hill on the 9th of November
Built at Crewe in 1865 for the LNWR, eventually being sold into Industrial service
in 1919. Now part of the National Collection. Photographed at the Ribble Steam Railway Museum on the 8th of September 2012
Built in 1910 for the L. &. Y. as No.19, renumbered by the LMS as No.11243 and
sold for industrial use in 1931. This locomotive carried the names 'Bassett' & 'Prince' during its industrial career. Now
preserved as L.&. Y. No.19 at the Ribble Steam Railway on the 8/9/2012
End of this Gallery.
Please select from one of the buttons visible to continue.
(1968 onwards Diesel Classes 00 to 07)
(1968 onwards Industrial Ha to Hz)
(1968 onwards Industrial Ma to Zz)